The minor in Technology, Arts and Media (TAM) provides a broad multidisciplinary perspective that integrates technological skills with a critical, theoretical and historical understanding of technology, media and the arts.
- Prepare the next generation of artists, designers, and media producers.
- Give students the necessary technical, theoretical, and historical background to contribute to the development of new functionalities and aesthetics for computer media.
- Facilitate exploration at the intersection of technology and other fields and disciplines.
- Produce active and critically aware producers of creative technology.
- Enable students to think critically and conceptually about creative technology.
For more information, visit the Minor in Technology, Arts and Media webpage.
Students must have 2.50 cumulative GPA to be admitted to the Technology, Arts and Media (TAM) Minor.
Students must complete a minimum of 21 credit hours, as detailed below. Coursework used to satisfy the minor requirements cannot be taken pass/fail. A minimum of 15 credit hours must be taken on the Boulder campus.
A cumulative GPA of 2.250 or better is required for courses used to satisfy the requirements of this minor. Students must earn a minimum grade of C in all courses counted for the minor. Failing to meet the minimum grade for any individual ATLS core course twice will result in automatic removal from the TAM program.
Courses may be taken concurrently, although some courses may have recommended and/or required prerequisites.
Required Courses and Credits
|ATLS 1100||Design Foundations||3|
|ATLS 1300||Computational Foundations 1||3|
|ATLS 2000||The Meaning of Information Technology||3|
|Total Credit Hours||21|