A minor is offered in ecology and evolutionary biology. Declaration of a minor is open to any student enrolled at CU Boulder, regardless of college or school.
We offer a broad range of learning opportunities, including traditional classroom experiences, field and laboratory research opportunities, and independent study.
Students must complete:
- A total of 20 credit hours in EBIO with grades of C- or better.
- A 2.00 GPA or higher for all coursework attempted in EBIO.
- 9 hours of upper-division credit in EBIO.
- 3 hours of 4000-level credit in EBIO.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours must be taken on the Boulder campus, including a minimum of 6 of the 9 upper-division credit hours. Mountain Research Station is considered the Boulder campus.
- Up to 3 credit hours of any combination of the following can count toward the EBIO minor: Independent study, Independent research or internship credit.
Required Courses and Credits
|Complete any two of these four lecture/lab combinations||8|
|General Biology 1|
and General Biology Laboratory 1
|General Biology 2|
and General Biology Laboratory 2
|Introduction to Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Research|
|Biology and Society|
and Biology and Society Laboratory
|Complete 3 credits of lower- or upper-division EBIO courses.||3|
|Complete 6 credits of 3000-or 4000-level EBIO courses.||6|
|Complete 3 credits of 4000-level EBIO courses.||3|
|Total Credit Hours||20|