The minor in creative technology and design provides a broad multidisciplinary perspective that integrates practical design skills with a critical, theoretical and historical understanding of technology in media and the arts.
- Prepare the next generation of artists, designers, and media producers.
- Give students the necessary technical, theoretical, and historical background to contribute to the development of new functionalities and aesthetics for computer media.
- Facilitate exploration at the intersection of technology and other fields and disciplines.
- Produce active and critically aware producers of creative technology.
- Enable students to think critically and conceptually about creative technology.
For more information, visit the Minor webpage.
Students must have a 2.500 cumulative GPA to be admitted to the minor in creative technology and design. Students may not earn both this minor and the BS in creative technology and design.
Students must complete a minimum of 22 credit hours with 7 courses, as detailed below. Coursework used to satisfy the minor requirements cannot be taken pass/fail. A minimum of 15 credit hours must be taken on the Boulder campus.
A cumulative GPA of 2.000 or better is required for courses used to satisfy the requirements of this minor. The minimum grade for prerequisite courses in the minor is C-; all other courses must be a minimum grade of C to apply towards the minor. Failing to meet the minimum grade for any individual ATLS required course twice will result in automatic removal from the creative technology and design minor.
Courses may be taken concurrently, although some courses may have recommended and/or required prerequisites.
Required Courses and Credits
|ATLS 1100||Design Foundations||3|
|ATLS 1300||Computational Foundations 1||4|
|or ASEN 1320||Aerospace Computing and Engineering Applications|
|or CSCI 1300||Computer Science 1: Starting Computing|
|or ECEN 1310||C Programming for ECE|
|or INFO 1701||Programming for Information Science 1|
|ATLS 2000||The Meaning of Information Technology||3|
|or ENES 2020||The Meaning of Information Technology|
|Elective (Upper-division course) 1||3|
|Total Credit Hours||22|