The supply chain foundations certificate courses comprise the major foundational topics in any supply chain management curriculum, providing necessary background for further advanced study. The four courses have been specifically selected in order to teach students core concepts and targeted skills in supply chain management.
Designed for nondegree seeking students including working professionals, our online graduate certificates allow students to enroll part-time and advance at their own pace. Following the same curriculum provided to students on campus, online certificate students can choose to take courses synchronously with the live class, or asynchronously at their leisure over the course of the semester. As students progress through the certificate, they have the option to become graduate degree-seeking, applying their certificate coursework toward a formal MS supply chain degree.
Supply chain foundations certificate courses include the following:
|MSBX 5450||Transportation and Logistics||3|
|MSBX 5470||Procurement and Contracting||3|
|MSBX 5435||Planning and Production||3|
|MBAX 6450||International Operations Management||3|
To be considered for the graduate certificate, applicants must possess an undergraduate degree. Nondegree students must apply through Continuing Education as nondegree students.
Students applying to the graduate certificate are required to complete a course prerequisite. The course prerequisite may be satisfied by one of the following:
- Successful completion of MSBC 5460 (or successful completion of similar coursework at another university)
- Successful completion of the non-credit Coursera course Supply Chain Management Strategy
- Relevant work experience.
Students seeking to meet the prerequisite with experience will need to demonstrate and document proficiency in the relevant topic area by submission of work history and work product. A qualifying test may also be required.
In addition, applicants must provide:
- Statement of purpose (1–2 pages) explaining how the supply chain foundations graduate certificate will further their professional and/or personal interests
- Formal transcript from an accredited institution of higher education showing proof of completion of an undergraduate degree
- Current resume
- One letter of recommendation